Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Surreal...


Well. I was at the art studio... having a minute to myself and working on a small painting in a new style that I am toying with... Yes, I am the rolling stone that gathers no moss... 

There was this lady on her cell phone looking around the place--Salt Creek.  She was describing each painting to what I later found out was her sister on the other end.  I was daydreaming that she was talking to the co-owner of her swanky New York gallery... Alas, not the case... She made her way to my studio and asked to come in.  She looked at three of  my self portraits and began to tell what they were saying to her.  It was like she was unfolding my life before my very own eyes... She described the colors as emotions and the facial expressions as words... and in an instant she knew what I was feeling and saying for the past 10 years... it was unimaginable for me.  I had never had any one talk about my art in such a way.  It was like she saw the window into my soul.  And everything that I hadn't really said but only painted--she had unmasked. 

Later she told me that was a retired school teacher and that it was her first time at Salt Creek.  She also mentioned that she had been to the Louve in Paris.  That she had seen the Mona Lisa.

Photo at the top is me playing around....   

No comments: