Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I met Keith in NYC at the ABAD show... I made him this piece...






I made him this piece of mail art because we were standing next to each other when I looked into Bill Wilson's kitchen pantry. Where you normally see the chicken noodle soup, peas, corn, beans... there was the art of May Wilson. I fell in love right then and there... with May, Bill, the house, Ray Johnson... anyway I guess it was a "had to be there moment" and Keith was there. So I made this little number, shoved it into an XXX large ziploc bag... sewed it up and mailed it off... with lotsa stamps. I think it's a self-portrait of sorts. It was a lot of fun for me to make and I plan on doing more such projects. Who will I send them to? I want to send them to people who will keep them. Who will understand them or at least pretend to do so... That photo of me in the braids I think is 6th grade... age 11. The same age as my oldest crumbcake right now! Funny how time flies...

No comments: