Sunday, April 25, 2010

Inside/Outside Fluxfest at Printed Matter



photo by Ruud Janssen, Invite by Keith Buchholz

Last Friday I had the joy of performing in the Inside/Outside Fluxfest hosted by Printed Matter, Inc and Keith Buchholz. On the inside I read a poem by Ross Priddle. Ross said I could read one of his poems... of course it was the one on the "top of the pile." And the top of the pile that day was:

Wednesday, April 14, 2010
undated but, March 2008?
1) it would be a remarkable coincidence
1) there’s nothing lyrical about this (is there?)
1) a wheat penny
1) ophir (land of?)
1) you can see the gouge of the pen
1) feel free to be as cheesy as you wanna be
1) postally speaking
1) silly-type vispo
1) you gotta actually do it though (for full effect)
1) this is laser print? maybe?
1) just checkin’ to see if you’re still there
are you still there?
1) electronic contact
1) do you have elm trees there?
1) maianthemum?
1) prunus?
1) hand-made paper / home-made paper
1) give me an inch
1) evidence of climate change: pine beetle epidemic
1) Julyville
1) I want to get back in touch with you.
1) how’s it done? that’s all we wanna know.
1) reconnecting is possible


On the outside... I read ten of Poems by Richard C.
Here they are:

1st Poem:
I can't seem to find the right words.

2nd Poem:
Its on the tip of my tongue

3rd Poem:
I have the right to remain silent.

4th Poem:
Don't hold your breath.

5th Poem:
My mother used to say to me, if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything

6th Poem:
My mother also used to say, Whats the matter? The cat got your tongue?

7th Poem:
It's needless-to-say

8th Poem:
You took the words right out of my mouth.

9th Poem:
I'm thinking. I'm thinking.

10th Poem:
You know how it is.


I had a wonderful time with the group of performers there that night. Afterwards we went on to Katzs deli.

No comments: