Sunday, April 25, 2010
Inside/Outside Fluxfest at Printed Matter
photo by Ruud Janssen, Invite by Keith Buchholz
Last Friday I had the joy of performing in the Inside/Outside Fluxfest hosted by Printed Matter, Inc and Keith Buchholz. On the inside I read a poem by Ross Priddle. Ross said I could read one of his poems... of course it was the one on the "top of the pile." And the top of the pile that day was:
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
undated but, March 2008?
1) it would be a remarkable coincidence
1) there’s nothing lyrical about this (is there?)
1) a wheat penny
1) ophir (land of?)
1) you can see the gouge of the pen
1) feel free to be as cheesy as you wanna be
1) postally speaking
1) silly-type vispo
1) you gotta actually do it though (for full effect)
1) this is laser print? maybe?
1) just checkin’ to see if you’re still there
are you still there?
1) electronic contact
1) do you have elm trees there?
1) hand-made paper / home-made paper
1) give me an inch
1) evidence of climate change: pine beetle epidemic
1) I want to get back in touch with you.
1) how’s it done? that’s all we wanna know.
1) reconnecting is possible
On the outside... I read ten of Poems by Richard C.
Here they are:
I can't seem to find the right words.
Its on the tip of my tongue
I have the right to remain silent.
Don't hold your breath.
My mother used to say to me, if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything
My mother also used to say, Whats the matter? The cat got your tongue?
You took the words right out of my mouth.
I'm thinking. I'm thinking.
You know how it is.
I had a wonderful time with the group of performers there that night. Afterwards we went on to Katzs deli.