Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sometimes I want to be Jack Bauer


Wow, that Jack... he sure saves the day, takes beating, electrocution, being shot, car accidents... and still--he keeps going. Jack Bauer is the ultimate man. He always knows exactly what to do. And for being a war ravaged soul... he still has a heart. Probably more unrealistic than any of us realize. Still, it's nice to have a goal in life...

Tomorrow I'm getting my hair done. It seems silly but it always makes me feel good about myself... I enjoy change. And with the hair I hope to make other changes in my life. What are those? I guess we'll all find out.

Next week I'm going to New York City. Seems to me that we'll be having a meeting at Katz's Deli... kicking it like Ray used to. I really can't believe how mail art has changed my life. I can't believe the people that I've met through the network of mail artists. I can't believe that I stood in Bill Wilson's basement and held Ray's work while drinking Bill's champagne. We are a strange lot of people. But we all share that love of mail. I feel so blessed to be a part of this group of dear friends. Can't wait to see you all next week.

Maybe I can bumble through life as JZ... or maybe I'll take the bull by the horns and be more Jack-like... either way... gonna attempt to save the day.

No comments: