Saturday, November 7, 2009

Sunday, November 8, 2009




Don't forget the UR Toy Story Mail art call!
see www.jenniferzoe.blogspot.com

I've been behind with everything... I've been sending out a lot of mail art but not advertising for my mail art call at all... I did much more last year... much more work... so I'm behind now...

I'm on a roll... with the bad news... it's been frustrating at least... depressing at worst. Nothing I can tell you about. I'm ready to melt into the sunset. I would like to become a blurr of color and then a dark abyss sinking into the sea.

Tommy is back to being homeschooled. We have seven to ten days until the Virtual school kicks in... I've done all my parts to get him signed up. Middle school had my head spinning right from day one. So I'm glad that stress is over. And I already know what to expect from homeschool. I know that I'm going to have to be tougher on him and really watch over him like a hawk. It shouldn't be too hard as my sewing room and the computer room are one. Obviously I can't just sit and watch him and do nothing... ha.

One of my best friends has h1n1 and they are in a high risk category. I'm so freaked out... I cried over it. And I prayed that God would see this person through... Can't even begin to imagine loosing this person.

And that's the news that I can share...

I just want to say that I am thankful for the fledgling network of friends that is beginning to form in the shape of Abalcabal. Bill Wilson gave me a "maybe in 9 days" about participating. He's really busy right now. I was grateful that he wrote back. He said he liked the paddle that I sent him--it's the one I titled, "Ode to May Wilson." I believe that I posted a pic of it here previously. Cecil is the last one who said they were sending. I may just send out the zine when I get his piece. And if Mr. Wilson does send something--it can go in the February issue... It will give us all something more to look forward to...

Some good news--we plan on going Panning for gold for thanksgiving. Isn't that just the funniest thing ever? I love panning for gold, also liked hunting for diamonds in the open face diamond mind in Arkansas. I just dig that kind of thing... It must be my super focused obsessive nature. Couple that with my desire to win... This is my parent's idea. It should be so much fun... They have a very nice camper so we won't be roughing-it too much... I really don't like sleeping in a tent--we did that last year when we took all 5 crumbcakes camping in the Keys... John Pennekamp state park. The snorkelling was awesome... but sleeping in the girls tent on an air mattress was a bit uncomfy for me. My favorite camping experience is when Ted and I went to Key West and then took a boat to the Dry Tortugas National Park. That was an experience never to be forgot... the snorkelling was amazing there... the water was crystal clear and teeming with ocean life... including some squid that kept changing colors as I chased them up and back near the fort wall. I borrowed my dad's underwater digital camera so I kept trying to get good shots of them. And I did get a few. We saw a giant lobster who made his home in the fort wall... The Dry Tortugas is the only place where you can snorkel a reef and only be in about 4 ft of water. The reef has attached itself to the walls of the fort's moat. So when you snorkel you are actually snorkelling around the fort wall. Watch out for the Portuguese Man-O-War... there are quite a few around and the tentacles stretch out and are almost invisible... did you know that sea turtles eat them? The top part of the man-o-war looks like a ziploc bag--even a similar blue color... they even look plastic... it's no wonder why sea turtles accidently eat floating plastic bags...

Well that trip down memory lane was a nice diversion... I feel a little better already...

Oh--Andy who has the blog--my real wall... wrote some very nice things about my most recent mail art to him. Thank you Andy!

No comments: