Monday, October 6, 2008

Hate That Cat

I started reading the book, "HATE THAT CAT" by Sharon Creech to the crumbcakes tonight. Saturday night Ben and I were in the Barnes and Noble... and there it was in a red dust jacket just waiting to be bought by me. I loved the book, "Love that dog." Really, could anything top it? I cried like a baby while reading it. I'm a sucker for crying books... Where the Red Fern grows, The Scarlet Ibis by James Hurst, For Whom the Bell Tolls by Hemingway, the Grapes of Wrath by Steinbeck, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo... there were times when I was reading to my kids where I could barely get the words out I was crying so hard. Especially when I read==The Scarlet Ibis to them last year. I'm sure my boys were pretty freaked out. I can be so full of emotions. I can say that Tommy cried at Where the Red Fern Grows... how can you not?

I read half of HATE THAT CAT tonight and have to say that for a sequel-- it is good. I'll let you know the full report when we're done...

There are so many things that I wish I could be good at... I was thinking about words and authors and how horrible I am at writing. Still blogging though. It's all an attempt to express those emotions inside of me. I am who I am, I do what I do. None of it is fantastic but yet, it's all mine. In a perfect world I would paint every day, I would know how to write a poem--the words would come to me, and I would be fabulous--at least at one thing.

No comments: