Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A lovely envelope from Test Tower! Me Sermonizing...


Hello dear world. Has anyone been watching the news, listening to the radio, reading Russian propaganda? I hope not. It's time to bury the ol' head in the sand... I never thought the United States of America would fall apart--at least in my life time. Never thought we'd be on the verge of economic oblivion... Yet people are still doing what people do... working, breathing, buying stuff, chugging along. Am I the only one waiting to see the soup line getting longer... waiting to be standing in the soup line? Yet here I am still on the i-net... still able to use the computer to communicate nonsense and dribble. We've done as much as we can/could to prepare for ????? in the future. What does a global depression look like? Will everyone lose their job? Who will keep their job? When banks falter is all you money just gone? Does it vanish in thin air? What will be worth something--food, water, cash, gold, guns, ammo? Will I watch my kids starve to death or die of infection or viruses? Is it too late to do something?

Don't panic, work together... share, pray... buy local, act local. It won't be time to rob the local Circuit City... not time to "grab a new t.v." It won't be time for any disgusting behavior. Time to see that God will see you through if you trust Him.

We received something from Focus on the Family in the mail... not quite sure how we got on that mailing list... but there was an article about the lies we tell our children--one "lie" that they mentioned was, "God helps those who help themselves." How could that be a lie? God rewards hard work. And the phrase is not referring to helping yourself to the cookies in the jar or the t.v. at Circuit City... It's about doing for yourself what you are able and rightly should do. God says whatever you find to do, do it will all your might. There are blessings for good behavior and there are curses for bad behavior. It is cause and effect. If you get drunk and something bad happens to you--an accident, etc, liver poisoning or disease if this becomes a way of life--that is the effect of your behavior. You can say that you reap what you sow. Perhaps our economic times are based upon a society, a nation who reaps what he has not sown. I'm talking about living in debt. I think most of us are playing the credit card gamble. Now more than ever it's time to stop spending what you don't have. Most people I know, in fact maybe everyone that I know--work hard for what they have, work hard to do good at their job. Americans in general are hard workers... we just have to stop living above our means. Do you really need the new dress, shoes, gadget... ? We've been told for so long that things will make us happy. It's almost a constant shove into the brain. But, I don't know about you, but for me... you get the thing and then what you really want is the NEXT cool thing... and so the cycle never ends. It's time to say No. No. No.

I would like to thank Test Tower for the awesome mail art that I received today... I didn't know that mail art was edible... dual purpose!

No comments: