Wednesday, December 23, 2009

December 23, 2009

First of all I want to say thank you to my four fans. You mean so much to me... my faithful and loyal readers. I'm saying that tongue-in-cheek. I am still writing this as my dear diary. So if you read it pretend like you are, in fact, reading my diary... so you should probably be a little embarrassed and never bring up what you read here...


Today in the car, my Moo moo and I were heading to the local grocery store... The "Point" was playing on the radio... it's the station that plays the best of 80s, 90s and today... It happens to be Crumbcake #1's favorite radio station. Today's daily dose of memory was Guns and Roses, "Every Rose Has it's Thorn." That song takes me right back to high school. And to that girl. She sat behind me in History class. She cheated off of my quizzes... on a weekly basis. She was the prettiest girl in the school and a cheerleader. She was nice enough. I always felt bad when she cheated off of me because history is not my strong point. One Monday I came to school and the grief counselors were present. There was a car accident and she wasn't wearing her seat belt. And how fast a young life can come to a grinding, crashing hault. It was a convertible car and her body flew out on impact. Gory, gory details that don't need repeating. The whole memory of her... brought back with a song. The school had a memorial service... and that song was played. The things you don't think about... until the trigger brings you right back.

No comments: