Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's a girl!


Well... it's official... they get the pink quilt! We only need one more girl to even up the team of grand kids... my parent's grand kids that is! 4 girls and 5 boys. Any volunteers to have another baby? Well it probably won't be me. I found grey hairs at the the top of my head this week. They are kinky and coarse and unmanageable. I've been toying with the idea of growing my hair out for the past few months... and I'm in desperate need of a hair cut now. Now that the grey is coming in... no need to dream of long locks of blond hair... I'll stick with a short style... HA! I never thought I'd be this old. And I know some 65 year old is reading this blog saying, "Honey, you got your whole life in front of you." And I guess I do but it seems to be happening so fast like a carousel that has been put into hyper drive--spinning out of control. As an artist and mom this is the time that a majority of my life work must get done. I must establish myself as mom, teacher and artist with style and focus... now. If not now--then never for the crumb cakes will not wait to be taught multiplication and manners. And if I do not take hold of some niche of arthood... that will fall by the wayside too. Thus is the 30s... time to get something done.

No comments: