Thursday, August 6, 2009

Cherie's Artist Sidewalk sale








Sunday was a wonderful Art sidewalk sale outside of CHerie's on the corner of Beach Drive and 2nd Ave N. I can't remember if I've blogged about this... but Cherie's is closing her doors after 8 wonderful years. It breaks my heart as Cherie gave me a real chance to show my work and sell it. I think that small time artists--like me--hold themselves to the Cherie standard... I've shopped there for years... and when you go there and see the artwork that is there you say to yourself, "It would be just the ultimate to have my work at Cherie's." I've heard other artists share similar stories. To have my work in the window of Cherie's has been a compete and total honor. That's how I feel about it. I'm honored. Thank you for all you've done for our city Cherie. (Cherie's having another artist sidewalk sale this Saturday but I won't be able to be at that one.) Calan Ree will be there though--check out her blog: www.gingerdead.com She sells fan-tab jewelry!!

No comments: