Wednesday, September 10, 2008

meatloaf and chickens

So what do meatloaf and chickens have in common? Probably not that much... But today we adopted two chickens. Mostly as pets... pets that will give us eggs.

I made a delicious meatloaf today. Earlier this week I made roasted turkey sausage with a myriad of vegetables. (that was a main stay meal when I was on weight watchers and lost 30 pounds!) So I took the left overs of that meal--put them in the food processor, added some oats and a pound of organic beef. I mixed it all together with my fingers--put it in the vintage orange cookware and baked it at 350 degrees for about an hour. Oh, I added ketchup on the top before I baked it. It's a great meal if you want your kids to eat squash, onions, carrots, potatoes, zucchini, bell peppers, etc--oatmeal too... cause they don't realize they are eating all those veges. Love it--the healthy trick. It was a smashing success.

i found a piece of my mail art on the i-net today--www.mailartmartha.org.uk click on "last show" then click on my name, "Jennifer Zoellner." I was jazzed about that! My dad said, "You've gone international!" Hee hee, I've sent some mail art to other countries too--I told him.

No comments: