Saturday, January 31, 2009

Home, sweetly home.

I'm so glad to be home.  I was honored to be able to be at my Aunt Cathy's funeral as her struggle with cancer deeply touched me.  As you can imagine it was difficult.  It was also nice to see family that I hadn't seen in 10 + years.  Everyone is growing up and turning into their mothers... (or fathers).  Including me.  The cycle of life continues.  No one shall stop the hands of time.  

I'm exhausted.  I don't like winter.  I don't like grey as a sky color.  I don't like the color of the sky when it snows.  I don't like it when my jeans feel like stainless steel and just as cold.  I don't like the cold air burning my lungs.  I don't like slipping on ice.  I don't like fluffy snow that won't be formed into anything.  5 degrees is not for me.  I don't like putting on a bunch of clothes just to have to take them off 5 minutes later... 

On the other hand... Lulu played in the snow for as long as we'd let her... no coming in and out the door for her.  She is a rather warm natured child with a very nice furnace warming her soul.  She loved finding chunks of ice in the snow and icicles.  Then she made things out of them.  I watched from the comfort of the picture window at my Great Aunt Gloria's house.  I'll be posting pics sometime in the nearer future.  

No comments: