Thursday, January 1, 2009

I wish the mail was running today.


Every day we don't get mail is kind of a sad day for me.  I am somewhat obsessed with mail.  I always have been.  It gave me no greater joy as a child to go out and "get the mail."  I'm not sure what I was looking for in that bundle of ads and bills--perhaps a letter from a distant friend or relative or later... a college acceptance letter. Back in my day kids, if you had a friend who lived far away--like someone you met at camp or on a vacation... you had to write letters to keep in touch or make phone calls... Of course phone calls could get pricey so letter writing was the thing.  I wonder if kids these days still pass notes... or is it all about the texting?  

 I ran across this pic yesterday.  Too funny--I'm the round face girl on the left.  Time flies when you are growing old. 

No comments: