Monday, February 23, 2009

And the beat goes on...





My #3 crumbcake went and sat with a strange family and ate her gelatto.  I guess she had enough of us! Really I think she just wanted to sit at the little table.  She did make friends with the nice mommy lady who I found out is a faux finisher and mural painter.   Yesterday we went and saw the Tampa Bay Symphony.  We know two of the musicians.  It was a fabulous show.  I know almost nothing about music but I do like live music... and I did a sketch.  I've always brought sketch books to performances... orchestras, ballets, etc.   We went out for gelatto afterwords... I had the mint choc chip and the choc chip... plain and predictable me. (I guess if you knew me that wouldn't be quite true).  

I now have some "art" at Cherie's Eklectika 202 Beach Drive, St. Petersburg... So if you didn't see anything you liked of mine at the Arts Center... you can give them a visit.  UGH.  Triple ugh. I have this whole uncertainty thing going on.  I'm not sure that any of this is the right thing for me to do.  I guess you'd have to know that for the past two years I've basically talked to little to no-one outside my nuclear and extended family.  So now I'm trying to be the me I used to be... the me with friends.  It's not going that well to be honest.  And the only friend I've really made is with a mail artist who lives 3,000 miles away.  Maybe I thought art was a way to make friends.  And maybe it has worked... **It has thinned out the amount of stuff sitting on the piano.   Yes, that ledge where you are supposed to put sheet music was filled with little paintings... now gone... maybe for good.  I rented the art studio but have not felt moved at all to move in.  I haven't even been back since Friday.  I feel that whole uncertainty about my future and it stops me from moving.  I'm totally exhausted.  I've been busting my butt to get some work done--enter a few art shows and keep family and home together... I'm ready to sleep for a while.  But, I know it won't really happen the way I'd like.  Thus is life.  And generally everything is going okay. 

No comments: