Tuesday, February 3, 2009

On the Move

Everything is on the move today... a cold wind from the North is scrambling the Bay, the Pelicans are circling over Lake Maggiore, Ted is flying to Little Rock.  His dad is ill.  I started a painting last night at my painting class.  I hate to keep painting cause the under painting is about as perfect as I get.  Yet, I must trudge on... and try not to screw it up.  I'm doing something VERY different for me... taking my time.  Really, I'm not in a paint race?  I got up at 5:50 a.m. this morning to get the hubster off to Little Rock... but I ended up painting until I had to throw clothes on and run out the door with kids in tow.  I'm that kind of wife.  This is why I need studio space... I can become consumed and minutes, hours, days will fly by... and I'll forget to eat... and I'll be painting all the while.  Of course this would be okay if I wasn't wife, mommy, homeschool mom, etc... But, for me, as I am now, this is probably not okay.  I really just want to go back to bed at the moment... 6 a.m. is too early for  me today. 

No comments: